The latest Wenger technology gives you three attractive, effective acoustical shell options to fit your application and budget. Its mobility allows you to acoustically transform almost any space within a facility into a performance venue.
We pioneered acoustical shell design, so it’s no surprise that our honeycomb core panel construction delivers enhanced acoustics to both the ensemble and the audience.
The Wenger Advantage
- Easy, Fast Operation – Each shell can be set up in just 5 seconds by one person.
- Adjustable Canopy – Adjusts to four different angles to optimize reflection to the audience.
- No Visual Hardware on Front Panels – Eliminates unsightly screws and brackets that may cause unwanted light reflections.
- Economic Solution – Lowest priced solution for instrumental and choral use.
Portable design allows almost any space to become a performance venue with simple one-person setup.
Legacy units promote excellent ensemble and enhance acoustical projection toward the audience. Add additional shells to cover larger areas.
Innovative Design for Easy Setup
Easy-to-turn handle on the frame raises the shell to the maximum height in just six turns.
Snap-in pin sets canopy to any of four preferred angles.
Guides allow for smooth height adjustment and stop panel at full height.
A continuous hinge allows canopy to fold and raise easily.
Shells nest together for compact storage.
- Upper panels are flat in standard 1″ (25 mm) thick. Lower panel is ¾” (19 mm) thick. All are 6′ (1.8 m) wide.
- Lower fixed panel is constructed of ¾” (19 mm) thick composite laminated wood with edgebanding
- Easy, intuitive lift mechanism for raising and lowering shell
- Canopy folds flat for storage, and middle panel overlaps bottom panel
- Legs protrude in front of shell to provide counterweighted base design
- No kicker panel, bottom panel rests 7″ (178 mm) from floor
- Canopy is 36″ (914 mm) high providing less coverage than Legacy Classic model
- Fully extended height is 13′ 3″ (4 m)
- Ships partially assembled
- Available in Oyster finish only
- Canopy adjusts to 45, 60, 75 and 90 degree angles
Legacy Basic Acoustical Shell
I cannot believe the difference in sound when the Legacy shell is up. Our gym has very good acoustics, but I can clearly tell whether or not the shell is up. The Legacy shells are very easy to work with – my kids and I can easily handle them. Cydney Dixon
Band Director, Lower Lake High School, Lower Lake, California
186J052 Legacy Basic, Tapered Canopy, 296 lbs (134 kg)
186J053 Legacy Basic, Rectangular Canopy, 304 lbs (138 kg)